Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simple Pleasures


Earlier this week I bought a new box of pins.  Nothing fancy - just your standard pearl head pin ... a nice sharp tip and a good size head.  Strangely I found myself saving up the pleasure of opening the box.  I kept it sitting at home on my table for a little while until I could really indulge in opening it.  Now this may sound very odd to any of you who don't know the beauty of a new box of pearl head pins but to those who do I hope you feel me.  The outside of the box isn't all that.  Green, white, bad font ... generally pretty standardly boring.  But on the inside is some beautiful black paper which wraps up a bundle of lovely, pearly, glossy new pins.
It's funny how the simple things can bring such pleasure.  Every time I buy the pins the box is exactly the same yet I always look forward to opening it for the first time.  It's like your favourite piece of clothing - it doesn't have to be anything special as long as it has one little thing that reminds you of why you love it each time you put it on.

2 comments:

Geo Moriarty said...

Aah I have studied fashion too. Why is it always 1am the night before in a fashion students world.

i'll follow your blog if you follow mine?

thepeachstate.blogspot.com

=(^_^)=

Jay Kirby said...

Such an interesting blog, just found it now!